The van's dent is right below the striping on the side (approximately half way down the door panel)
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Confession is Good For the Soul
Well, they say that confession is good for the soul - so I'll share a very "blond" moment that I had recently. Two weeks ago, we had a lovely afternoon up in Mt. Dora exploring the small touristy shops and upon arrival at home, Karis told me to leave the van in the driveway because he had stuff on the garage floor where the van is to be parked. Later that day, I headed out to do some errands, and as the garage door lifted, I thought to myself "Amy, be very careful backing the car out of the garage because the van is in the driveway and it is going to be a tight fit." I then settled into the car, and immediately let habit take over where I carefully looked left to be sure that my side-view mirror didn't hit the garage door on the way out. You guessed it....I ran into the mini-van! Luckily I "only" scrapped the side of the two vehicles, but that "baby dent" (as one repair person called it) is going to cost us a LOT of money to get fixed on both vehicles (how can baby dents cost so much to fix??? Perhaps being an auto-body repairman is the way to go for a career!). Anyway, needless to say I felt quite stupid over the whole experience - only to feel worse when my husband was as calm as could be as I confessed the whole ordeal. It was like heaping hot coals on my head, because I knew that I would not be so calm if the shoe was on his foot! Well, hopefully two important lessons learned - look RIGHT when backing the car out of the driveway when the van is there, and lesson #2 - be CALM next time your husband does something a little "blond." I've posted pictures of both vehicles below - not yet fixed....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey! Now I don't feel quite so dumb for backing into the garage door - TWICE!!! :)
I can barely see the "dents"! Glad it wasn't worse :)
Now I don't feel so bad for putting a slight bow in the Red Deer garage door yesterday! How do these things happen even if we are not blond? I am sure there are a lot more confessions just waiting to happen out there!!!!
Yes, those dents are barely visiable especially on your van. Not hard for something like that to happen when we have a routine and know what is supposed to be where. You and my sister are related - right?? Just got off the phone with her and she was comparing your incident to hers.
Post a Comment